aDreamMerchant

Thursday, August 03, 2006

last 3 days

I have not been very productive in my app process in last 3 days. There are a couple of reasons for this but mostly my time had gone to the X-box that we (my roommate and me) bought over the weekend. I was not a gaming geek until now. However, this has got me hooked.
I have been playing games for at least 3- 4 hrs every day apart from the 10 odd hrs I am putting at work and after 3 hrs of gaming I am so tired that I am not capable of doing any mental work. Overall, I like the Xbox, but found it very demanding on my time. So the lesson of the day is to get away from television and spend more time in contemplation so that that I can generate some intellectual content for my application.
I have short-listed the schools to which I will be applying in Round 1 and I had gathered their essay questions as well. I have also categorized the questions from different school, which are similar in nature. My initial impression about the question is that they are not very simple and you can answer them in multiple ways. The challenge is to give all of the ways a decent shot and then choose the best options among them. Believe me, this is easier said than done.
There is a lot to write in those and even more to think about. I have about 80 odd days to finish them as most of the deadlines are as of mid October
The next post will be about the schools I will be applying to in this fall and the essay questions they have. I will be discussing my school choice in some later post. Right now, I can only say that as my introduction says I am aiming for the sky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home