aDreamMerchant

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Good Bye K

Today was a day of the mixed feelings. My dear friend K has jumped the fence.
K and I got together about 6 months ago in Feb 2006 when I came to the land of dreams called United States and honestly I can say he was way more then a friend and a colleague. He was closest to the family I have got here.

He has not quit the company. He just moved into another group and probably to another location. But I know deep down inside that without him its not going to be the same. The meetings will lack his comic comments and his witty one liner. Breaks will not be the same fun when we can talk about work. And whenever I will see a pretty gal I am going to miss his review on her.
It is also a bigger setback to me as without him I have a greater challenge at work. More responsibilities, longer hours and with my application process this does not go down well. He was one man who had at least a lead on every problem we had at work. He was the best person to start your analysis with because he will surely have some context about any work related problem you have.

K was my guide to this part of the world when I came here. I have asked him questions on anything and every thing and he answered all of them with utmost patience and skill. The weekend I spent at his place was probably the best of times I had in since I got here.

But I am also happy in a way because I know in our group the hours are long and grueling and it is a thankless job. With his family and kids I also understand the pain and stress he has to endure balancing his work-life balance. I wish him good luck. But some where inside there is kid inside me who is very upset due to the friend he has lost

Take care K, my friend. It was honor to work with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home