aDreamMerchant

Friday, August 18, 2006

A meeting with a TUCK Alumni!!!

After lot of searching I was able to meet a TUCK alumnus. I just wanted to meet some one before the upcoming tuck reception in Boston, not only to be better prepare for my essays but also to be able to get a first hand account of the program as soon as possible. I am in New England so I knew that there will surely be some Tuckies around. Hence I started to pull my strings and connection to find a Tuck graduate. But surprisingly, I was not able to contact any one soon. Then finally after 2 weeks, this lady replied to my email. She was from the class of ‘92 and fortunately she was working in the investment management /portfolio management domain which I wanted to pursue too after my MBA.

I set up a half hour telephonic conversation with her a week back. I sent her my questions in advance, and then called at the decided time. It was a fascinating meeting. I listened to her on the various aspects of Tuck for almost 25 minutes. And to be very honest it was enlightening as well as very exciting. There were so many small things about TUCK which is not there in any website or in any blogs. I also discussed the personnel transformation which TUCK is able to bring about in her and the key aspects in her view on a Tuck application.
I am keenly looking forward to the Tuck reception on 7th Sep in Boston.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home