aDreamMerchant

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Feeling Low!!!

My confidence level hit a new nadir yesterday. I am not a great poster on the forums but I stumbled upon this thread on the Wharton S2S forums. I remember cornfedMBA's entry on the profiles in Business week forums, but this is insane.I am all the more demoralized because all of them belong to my demography

I agree, when most of you will say that GMAT scores and experience is just stats and application evaluation is a holistic process, but look at the stats here the avg GMAT is 730+ , the Avg exp is 4+ yr . Moreover, if they are applying to Wharton, my assumptions is they are as good in their thinking is as their scores are. This also explains the wiered phenomena’s like 720 and asked to retake.

This fact has been playing on my mind and has bogged me down for last couple of days. I am trying to convince myself that I should take it in positive manner and work harder on my essays.
Let the power be with me!!! :-).

4 Comments:

  • It am in your boat ! I am battling this 'Just another in the crowd' thing for a whole good month now.

    By Blogger Inblue, at 2:39 AM, August 23, 2006  

  • believe me, most of the people on that list will falter on the essays, which will kill their application - Wharton is anyway not going to take them all, so logically they have to falter somewhere. So it's not game over yet, write insightful essays, and you should be competitive (at the very least).

    By Blogger Forrest Gump, at 7:51 AM, August 23, 2006  

  • "Moreover, if they are applying to Wharton, my assumptions is they are as good in their thinking is as their scores are"

    Not quite! For some reason, Indians loooove W! A few ppl I knew applied there with the reasoning , "maybe I will get thro" w/o working on their apps properly. Again, an app is much much more than just those numbers. So dont lose heart jst looking at that thread. My magic mantra is to stay away from such threads. Also we Indians seem more obssessed with stats than others...

    Anyways, what you said abt 720 is right tho. I was also asked to retake it with a 720. Whats your score?

    By Blogger Hobbes, at 1:42 AM, August 25, 2006  

  • Just because everyone on the boards has 700+ GMAT scores and 4+ years work experience doesn't necessarily mean all applicants to the top schools do ... maybe those with high-profile backgrounds have a higher propensity to dominate MBA applicant discussion boards?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:19 AM, September 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home