aDreamMerchant

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Wow..it feels good!!

I was promoted today. I was not expecting it but the mail come and gave me a pleasant surprise. It was even more exciting as I was promoted out of turn in the middle of the year. I made the cutoff by 15 days. In my knowledge, I am the one with least experience who made the cut. I was happy, excited and all smiles after that .
Apart from this happiness, it also poses challenges to me. For starters, it means all my essays written until now have to be modified to include this development. Moreover, a promotion means new responsibilities and new roles, which will put more pressure on my already busy schedule. But, what the hell, I loved it, after all it is always sweet to have a reward for you efforts.
On the application front, I am running behind schedule. My first version of TUCK essays is all set and I am waiting for review comments. I have not started the Chicago essays but I know that I will do most of them over the long weekend. My biggest worry is my recommendations, but I am working towards it.
I am attending TUCK reception next week in Boston and I am really looking fwd to it. I have also scheduled my TUCK visit and interview in the last week of Sep. Apart from this I have all the Chicago essay and application stuff.. This seems to be challenging but isn’t that what a Dream is all about.
Dream it, achieve it and then Dream higher while living in the realized dream

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home